02 January 2008

May Impair Your Ability to Operate Machinery / Read Knitting Patterns.

Baby Surprise Jacket #1 is finished (grrrr... I wish I had pictures to show you). It doesn't exactly look like the pictures in The Opinionated Knitter. It looks more like the BSJ's cousin--or perhaps its first cousin. It could definitely pass for a regimental coat. I'm not sure exactly where I went wrong, but I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that I knitted most of it while enjoying a glass of a bottle of some Louis Roederer.


imagine this very small, worked in garter stitch in a deep coral.
with slightly shorter sleeves.
that's what it looks like.
image from gatling-gun.


Ah well. I figure I can always pick up and add a couple more rows of garter and do a new set of buttonholes. Who knows, maybe I'll be the first to make a double-breasted BSJ.

Also, after searching Google Images for pictures of regimental coats, I'm thinking of doing another Baby Surprise Regimental Jacket in proper colors (powdered wig not included).

No comments: