16 February 2007

This Isn't Your Grandmother's Knitting.


I just ordered the "Sophia Babydoll" kit from White Lies Designs, in lavender. I can't wait to start on it. The bottom trim is marabou (ostrich feather). I also ordered some Fixation in 6656, a pink-purple sort of color, for making Mon Petit Chou. What can I say, it combines my latest fascination with knitting lace with my passion for pretty lingerie, matches my short attention span, and it laces up the sides. What's not to love?


I've also included a picture of my largest UFO (for non-knitters, that's "UnFinished Object"). It's based on the "Hearts and Stars" blanket by Zoe Mellor, from Adorable Knits for Tots. I had to adjust the pattern because of my yarn's fine gauge--adding two blocks to the width to get the right size. It feels like it goes on FOREVER. But listening to audiobooks while I knit helps. Thank goodness for the public library. During this blanket, I've listened to:
- Brontë, Charlotte. Villette. (all 19 discs!)
- Brontë, Emily. Wuthering Heights.
- Doyle, Sir Arthur Conan. Tales for a Winter's Night.
-
Hemingway, Ernest. A Farewell to Arms.
- Smith, Alexander McCall. The Number One Ladies' Detective Agency.
- Smith, Alexander McCall. Dream Angus.
-
Smith, Alexander McCall. Portuguese Irregular Verbs.
- Smith, Alexander McCall. The Right Attitude to Rain.
- Wodehouse, P.G. My Man Jeeves.
- Wodehouse, P.G. Cocktail Time.


There are probably others that I can't remember off the top of my head. That should give you an idea of how much time has gone into this thing.


I'd also like to knit Eiffel. I have no idea when that will be. Someday... At least I've held off on ordering yarn for it until I knit a few more things out of my stash. ;-)

No comments: