17 February 2007

The Best Way to Deal with Temptation...


is to give in to it.

Interweave's Spring 2007 has me bent on making their Keyhole Top:
I'm thinking of using Karabella's Vintage Cotton in 370 (the red shown below).

it's pretty much all I can do not to order the yarn right now. Granted, Vintage Cotton knits up at 6.5-7sts=1" on US3... and the yarn called for, Muench String of Pearls, knits at 5sts=1" on US7... which means a lot of time on US4 or 5 for me. But I'm not averse to endlessly knitting on small gauge, having braved knitted baby hats on US0. The only thing holding me back from ordering the yarn is that I know I have at least 2 upcoming projects (Sophie and Mon Petit Chou) once they arrive. I'm going to try my best to limit the number of WIPs and keep my stash small (famous last words?). That, and it's tax season, which means I'm working 7 days a week from now until mid-April... so, I better get back to those pesky tax returns!

No comments: