26 September 2007

I'M IN!!!!!!!

I'M IN! I'M IN!
*squeal*

Ravelry: courtneyknits

Update (27/9/07): You really don't want to know how many hours I spent on Ravelry yesterday. I think it was part overjoy at finally getting to see what the fuss is all about, and part exploring and thinking all the fuss is pretty much on the mark. For those who aren't in yet, they're trying to invite 500-600 people each day now, so the wait shouldn't be too much longer.

There are still some features that need tweaking/coding (for example, I added two patterns that weren't in the database, but the interface doesn't allow me to add a picture yet), so I can understand why we had to wait to start using it--a massive onslaught of 30,000 users would have been total chaos.

Overall, it's VERY cool, and I can't wait until all you guys are on it, too. It's a great way to share and compare projects, and find quickly who's doing the same thing you are.... or who has the same yarn in their stash as you, and what they're making out of it. It's pure genius. I can see it sparking even more creativity and cameraderie in the knitting and crocheting communities.

I am also pleased to announce that Ravelry has received the Official Knit Goddingdom Royal Imperial Warrant as the Exclusive Super-Cool Online Knitting Thing to Her Awesomeness, the Empress of Knit Goddingdom. (Royal Imperial Warrant Seal to come as soon as the Imperial Artist has some free time to work her Imperial MS Paint skillz).

No comments: