19 July 2007

I've been a bad, bad girl...

Oh, don't look so excited. And put those handcuffs away. I'm talking about my yarn diet. Tomorrow's my birthday, and well... I sort of had a little Etsy binge. I, uh, bought... four skeins of superwash Merino sock yarn. Two of them are from Fearless Fibers. And a set of stitch markers from thecolorofdreams that look like little slices of birthday cake:


I know I haven't touched sock yarn since I made the Diagonal Rib socks, so I suppose I'm going to have to start knitting socks again and start foisting the finished products on my friends. They're my enablers, after all. I can't bear to think of my friends having Popsicle toes. They need cozy socks hand-knitted from superwash merino. They are depending on me, even if they don't know it yet.

Of course, the sock yarn will have to prepare itself for a longish languor in the stash; there are too many projects ahead of them. I know, I shouldn't have bought it. But... it's going to be so happy in the stash, waiting for me to knit it (and curse at it, and frog it, and reknit it).

Please be advised that my blog will be on hiatus for a few days following the release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I'm shutting down my computer so I don't accidentally find out what happens until I read it. I'll probably have finished reading it by Monday (whether I'll have finished studying for my French midterm on Monday is another matter). Until then, dear readers--I highly recommend that you go buy some superfluous yarn!

No comments: