02 October 2008

OPEN SEASON on Fall (and/or) Fiber Festivals.

So I'm sitting here having tea and a chocolate biscuit (not a cookie -- the box clearly says that it is a "butter biscuit with pure dark chocolate") and was thinking that I needed to post a SUPER IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT TO THE NORTH AMERICAN FIBER COMMUNITY.

It's October, which means it is Festival Season.

I asked my boss if I could have tomorrow off to go to the Waterford country festival (near Lucketts, VA), and he said yes (go super-awesome boss-man!). The 65th annual Waterford Foundation Festival runs October 3, 4 & 5, 2008 from 10 am to 5 pm. I haven't been there before but it has a reputation for bringing some particularly fine craftsmen and their work.

Also this weekend is the Fall Fiber Festival in Montpelier Station, Virginia (aka BFE, VA). It is a fiber festival and sheepdog trials. I went last year and almost came home with some cashgora kids. We'll see what happens this year.

The second week in October is the Countryside Artisans Autumn Studio Tour. You can read my entry about last year's Autumn Tour here.

There's something called Rhinebeck something-or-other, but I'm not going this year, so it's obviously not that big a deal. ;-)

And then there's the Shenandoah Valley Fiber Festival, 25-26 October, 2008, from 10a-5p.

Be prepared for lots of fibery, festivalian goodness coming your way!

No comments: