03 November 2008

Now with 300% MORE YARN PR0N!

It's Monday, and you need to look at pretty yarn.


First, let's take a trip to Kiparoo Farm, in Adamstown, MD.





Kiparoo Moonlight, in dark purples


Kiparoo Moonlight in red-purples


Kiparoo Glitter in indigo


Next, we'll review results from Steph's awesome Halloween Destash party. Thankfully, I took less yarn (I think) than I brought.

mystery yarn, oatmeal color, 3.7 oz
looks like mostly wool wrapped with nylon.

purchased at MD Sheep & Wool.


mystery wool, 100% wool.
laceweight, on a BIG cone.
weight, including plastic cone, is 1lb, 4.4oz



blue loopy mohair boucle, 3.6 oz


knitted roses! I can't wait to use these, maybe on a black
cardigan or wrap. Nicky Epstein would be proud!



Back to Kiparoo for a bit, to show you Silk Road, a 50/50 wool/silk. It's heavenly to touch, next-to-the-skin soft (even for me, the itch-a-holic).

Kiparoo Silk Road, 50/50 wool/silk
264.0 yards (241.4 m), 150g.


Knitted up, it looks like this:

Huckleberry Ascot,
from
Interweave Knits Holiday 2007.



Coming up next: I'm test-knitting and reviewing Shalimar Yarn's Superwash Merino Sock yarn!

No comments: