09 August 2008

And now for something weird.

Last night I dreamed I met the Yarn Harlot.

Not to insult the Harlot, but that hasn't exactly been a long-standing desire for me. I've been meaning to go to her events, and I've been meaning to read her books, but so far all I've managed is a half-hearted blog-stalking. Granted, the bits of her blog I've read have been hugely entertaining. I like reading her blog because it inspires me to knit more: The Harlot's knitting; why aren't you?

So it was kinda weird when, last night, I dreamed that I was walking along a path on a beautiful stretch of land really similar to what I saw in pictures of her trip to Newfoundland. She was standing there and she smiled and she asked me to do something for her: spell out the word "laugh" in glitter and icing. It was surprisingly difficult. I had to do the serifs in icing and the lines of the letters in glitter, in these big, playful loopy letters. I accidentally smudged icing on her baby (she left her few-months-old baby lying on the ground for some reason), and I apologized, and she said it wasn't a problem. When I finished, there was a group of people there and they cheered. And we all had cupcakes and were happy. And then I woke up.

What I've taken from this is that the world needs more cupcakes. And I'm going to go work on that shawl now.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

What a wonderful dream! Makes me want to go out and have a cupcake. It's the last thing my hips need, but so what?

I will remember your phrase: "The harlot's knitting; why aren't you?" It's great!

P.S. She's very funny in person, a natural storyteller. See her if you can!